Last updated 24th May 2018
At Mediaspec we respect your privacy and are committed to maintaining it.
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes. • Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide to us when using this website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when requesting details for a promotional event.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions through the website to which you are a party and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Information you provide to us when applying through the website for registration, which will typically include your name and contact details.
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- Name, Title and Job Title
- Contact information including email address and telephone numbers
- Your enquiry/message
- Address information
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
- Google Analytics
- IP address (this also helps us block repeated spam)
We use the information you provide us:
- To administer your account. We may disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing your order. We DO NOT sell your data to any third parties.
- From time to time, to inform you by post, email or other available means, of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail channel and Mediaspec.
- We will only contact you by telephone if there is a query regarding your order.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to request the following:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
The purpose of these cookies is to continue to recognize your computer during a visit to our website when switching from one of our websites to another of our websites and to be able to determine the end of your visit.
In the event that you purchase goods on the Mediaspecs’ website, you may be sent an email requesting whether you would like to review your product.
Credit Card Data
Mediaspec's Merchant Account allows us to accept credit card information over the internet. All customers who place orders via Mediaspec's website must be the cardholder specified on the card that is used to place the order, and all deliveries must be made to the cardholder's registered address.
To increase security for all our customers, Mediaspec will carry out a security check on all internet credit card transactions. This will ensure that all deliveries are made to the cardholder’s registered address and that the card is valid for transactions.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
All credit and debit card transactions are processed by Sage Pay. At no point do Mediaspec view the debit/credit card number that is submitted by our online customers.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Changes to this policy The above may change at any time. We will endeavour to notify you of any major changes but you may wish to check it each time you visit our website.