RØDE Announce World-First Dedicated Podcasting Console: RØDECaster ProNov 19, 2018 - 04:24
Ready to record and stream your next Podcast? This can be a tricky and expensive task, even for the most seasoned engineer. RØDE are about to make the whole process so much easier with the release of their RØDECaster Pro, a revolutionary all-in-one studio console that brings a new level of simplicity and professionalism to podcast production. It's a world-first - a dedicated device for recording podcasts in an intuitive way.
With podcasting becoming the fastest growing consumed media globally, we have seen a sharp rise in the global sales of RØDE’s podcasting / broadcast range of microphones and accessories in recent years in line with the growing podcasting trend. This increased product demand has happened completely organically, and speaks to the fast global growth of podcast production and consumption.
One of the largest barriers to entry for any budding podcaster however, is the fact that it can be extremely difficult (and expensive) for even an experienced audio engineer to set up a podcasting studio, let alone a complete novice - as many first-time podcasters tend to be. In answer to this lack of intuitive, easy to use product integration for professional podcasting, RØDE has created the RØDECaster Pro, the first fully-featured digital Podcasting console.
RØDE will shortly also be announcing a new podcasting microphone, the RØDE PodMic: an affordable, sweetly tuned dynamic end-address microphone for emerging and seasoned podcasters alike, coming in January 2019.Both products are now available to pre-order and the RØDECaster will begin shipping in December.
The RØDECaster Pro™ is designed to simplify podcast production whilst delivering superb audio quality. It supports up to four presenters, as well as offering easy connection to phone, 3.5mm TRS, USB and Bluetooth™ sources. Eight programmable pads offer instant playback of sound effects and jingles. Podcasts can be recorded directly to microSD™ card, or to a computer via USB. Ease of use is assured, with intuitive controls and large full-colour touchscreen.
On-board features include:
- 8 channels: Including 4x Class A, servo biased XLR mic inputs with switchable P48 power; a TRRS/TRS jack for easy smartphone and stereo line input connection; Bluetooth and USB so you can take phone or app calls, mix in music and launch jingles.
- 8 colour-coded press-pad Jingle Player for triggering jingles and sound effects during recording.
- Echo Free Phone connectivity via either TRRS or Bluetooth™ with automatic mix-minus.
- APHEX® Exciter™ and Big Bottom™ patented processing for that rich, warm tone and compression found in professional broadcasts.
- Intuitive touch-screen operation. Full colour, high-resolution touchscreen allows easy control of all settings, including EQ presets for a range of professional voicings.
- 4 high-power headphone outputs and stereo speaker out each with independent volume controls.
- Records direct to microSD Card for completely self-contained operation, or to your preferred computer software via USB.
- Set-up and control from PC / Mac. Set up the RØDECaster Pro™ easily from a PC using the included control software. Assign sound files to press-pads, organise recordings, set press-pad colours, and more.
- Live stream or pre-record.
- Easy functionality and scalable sound-shaping options, completely accessible by podcast creators of every level so they can achieve a professional result fast.
- A stylish, sturdy aluminium/polymer housing, built with RØDE’s renowned quality and service commitment, backed by a 2-Year Warranty.
Well, how much, and when can I get my hands on one?
You don't have to wait too long. Mediaspec should have limited quantities by the end of December 2018. As for the price, only £569 for this incredible device. Just add a pair of mics and headphones, and you are good to go! So Pre-order one now.
Please note, PodMic ETA and Pricing will be announced shortly. ETA January 2019 SSP: £99 inc VAT
Mediaspec Embraces Young Talent
He's talented. He loves music. His music collaborations include the hottest US talent. His name is Blair Ferguson and he's just 15 years old.Read more
AES Scotland: Game Audio Insight: The Audio Systems of Murderous Pursuits
AES Scotland are delighted to announce that our next event in the AES Scottish group will feature a talk by Games Sound Designer Jaime Cross.Read more