Sculptube :BRING TUBES IN YOUR DAWDec 07, 2017 - 03:18
Sculptube is a processor dedicated to adding valve-produced harmonics to sounds.
It creates an authentic tube coloration which goes from slightly warmed-up tones to heavy distortions.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of tube warming/distortion, thanks to the 4th generation DSPtechnology
- Triode and Pentode simulation
- Tube biasing control
- Built-in EQ and parallel processing to sculpt the tone
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at 4 different sensibilities
There are 3 settings for the type of distortion:
- Program 0 (Triode) creates the typical musical effect found with triode valves, with very rich 2nd harmonic distortion, good for warming up a sound.
- Program 1 (Pentode) creates a Pentode distortion, with prevailing odd harmonics, which makes the sound more aggressive while retaining that valve character.
- Program 2 (Special) is obtained with a pretty unusual way of configuring the valve, which gives an extra octave at higher bias settings.
Download a demo on the Overloud website. Sculptube is available now for PC and Mac in VST/AU/AAX formats.
Stephen Scott from Bigmouth Audio explains how the purchase of a Pro Tools system helped cement their international profile.Read more
University of Salford S6
Students are future-proofed as University of Salford upgrade studios to Avid S6Read more