Ardis Update v4 softwareOct 10, 2017 - 01:26
Users of the popular DDP shared storage solution can today benefit from a v4 update. The latest version, v4.00.019b adds the following new features and fixes:
1. Folder volumes can now be created while the DDP has activity (redraw blocked)
2. When in balanced mode, Data Locations with less then 5% free capacity are skipped.
3. Memory leak fix on first ddp volume mount
4. Blocks with zero mapped in to prevent error messages from apps accessing non populated V4 parts
5. Bug fix in the counter of free bits when regenerating the allocation map
Users still on v3 may require a hardware update to make that major leap onto v4. However, it's with the effort, as includes the following features:
• Introduction of the new Storage Manager providing configuration of SSD Caching
• Improved file/Folder structure
• Load balancing with adding storage on the fly
• Assignation of Data Volume or caching for Volumes and FolderVolumes
• Updated diagnostic utilities
• FolderVolume enhancements
• FolderVolumes can be created within FolderVolumes allowing improved file/folder structure
• Super fast v3 to v4 file system conversion
Interested in upgrading or investing in a DDP system? Contact Mediaspec on 01355 272500 to discuss how this reliable and flexible solution can satisfy your storage requirements.
Note: DDP Upgrades require an active support contract for qualification.
Avid Announces S1 and S4
Today, at Connect Live in Nashville, TN, Avid have announced two new products! Avid S1 and Avid S4. These would be of a particular interest to a small and mid-sized studios.Read more
Lime Pictures S6
Home of Hollyoaks turns to Mediapec to deliver cutting-edge sound for their award-winning dramaRead more