AE2300 Cardioid Dynamic Instrument MicrophoneMay 12, 2017 - 02:48
The Artist Elite® AE2300 cardioid instrument microphone features Audio-Technica’s proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction, giving it high-frequency and transient response that far exceeds typical dynamic microphones. With a rugged, low-profile design and the ability to handle high SPLs, the AE2300 is a versatile performer, able to capture sound from guitar amps, brass and woodwinds, drums and percussion instruments with equal clarity and precision.
The AE2300 maintains directionality across the entire frequency range, while introducing only the slightest off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90° and 180°) for excellent phase cohesion in multiple-mic setups. The microphone is also equipped with a switchable low-pass filter that cuts out harsh, high-frequency noise, such as hiss from a guitar amp or high-hat bleed into the snare, without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument – an especially useful tool in live settings to get a clear, focused sound.
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Proprietary double-dome diaphragm construction that improves high-frequency and transient response
- Maintains directionality across the entire frequency range
- Minimal off-axis coloration (frequency response is nearly identical at 0°, 90°, and 180°) helps to maintain phase cohesion in multiple microphone setups
- Switchable low-pass filter removes harsh, high-frequency hiss without negatively affecting the overall tone of an instrument
- Low-profile design allows microphone to be placed easily and unobtrusively in a wide variety of setups
- Rugged, brass metal construction ensures dependable performance in live music applications
Dolby Atmos implementation within Pro Tools 12.8 and the S6
In this video, Avid's Simon Sherbourne outlines some of its new features, including the exciting Dolby Atmos implementation within Pro Tools.Read more